Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back in teh Day.

Yep. I had a Mustang. With a lot of parts actually. Always wanted one since I knew what a car was. Sold it to purchase/fund my S14.

Anyways, one Saturday morning I took the ACT test and drove up to Chicago right after to look/possibly purchase the S14. It was rough around the edges. I paid a base price plus some extra cash for coilovers, 5Zigen Wheels, and a hack-job S14 SR Swap.
It had a haggard dash. Pictured is my first purchase for the car a Sparco Lap 5 Steering Wheel. Sweet?
Purchased the car in November 2008. Attended my first event at Midnight Madness in May 2009. Pictured is my first time on track at Kansas Yeah Round 1 May 8th @ Heartland Park Topeka.
Amid some motor issues in May/June 2009, I opted to sell the old S14 SR for a newer motorset. The old one ready to be pulled.
Fresh engine bay with some Stitch Welding.

The new 69F S14 SR20DET from JDMHookup. Added reliability/cooling efficiency parts.
Fixing wiring issues for the Radio/HVAC.
New(er) Dashboard.
The cheep Jeep.
Mid-summer 2009 at Kansas Yeah.
August 2009, I packed up my stuff and headed off to the University of Utah. Didn't know a single person heading out there and really had no idea what I was to study, just wanted to explore and ski.
College makes drifting seasons rather short, however I was able to make it back for an event November 1st at Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis.
Cold as Balls Drift Day. November 1, 2009.
That winter when on breaks from school, a roll cage was built.
New parts. I've wanted these wheels for years. One of the last sets of SBC's made in the RPF1 as Enkei will promote the RPF01.
New coilovers added winter 2009.
Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment